Click Preview case to review the first page of this case
Zakib Sari, an aeronautical engineer and entrepreneur who had worked for Shell UK for several years, decided to pursue the entrepreneurship-through-acquisition path after his first year of the MBA programme at London Business School (LBS). In January 2016 he analysed several career options and concluded that the search-fund model was the best option to become the owner and CEO of an existing business.
- Understand the process in deciding to follow the entrepreneurship-through-acquisition career path and the first steps in setting up a search fund
- Learn how to evaluate the entrepreneur’s fit with the search-fund model
- Understand the different options in searching for potential target companies
- Evaluate the criteria for the search and the investment thesis
- Evaluate acquisition opportunities from a company, industry and market perspective.
|Publication Date:||May 2023|
|LBS Case Code:||CS-23-003|
|Subjects:||Analysing the entrepreneur’s fit with the search-fund model, evaluating acquisition opportunities, Search funds|
|Industry:||Financial, Search fund|
|Geography:||Europe, United Kingdom|